Friday, February 23, 2007

WEEK 9-10: Podcasts (#21 Thing)

OK, I've been listening to podcasts along the way (Helene Blowers' voice is nice), I often listen to podcasts at work -- I can eat my brownbag lunch while listening to something of interest.

The Yahoo! podcast tutorial had a list of ideas for Podcasts, which I've modified for libraries:
  • Make an audio walking tour of your library.
  • Record a book review before returning a book to the library.
  • Broadcast an author visit or childrens' story hour.

Because I use a PC at home and at work, I went to the audacity website for free recording software. Audacity will allow me to:
  • Record live audio.
  • Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
  • Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, and WAV sound files.
  • Cut, copy, splice, and mix sounds together.
  • Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
  • And more! See the complete list of features.
For listening, I think I liked the Yahoo! podcast page. Lots of NPR programs such as "Story of the Day" and "All Songs Considered" right up front.

One of the exercises has us look at Odeo Studio. That is the recording software used by Helene Blowers' learning2.0 program and SJLearning2.0

No comments: