Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mobility@Your Library - Top 10 List

Over the past year or so, I've been collecting examples of how libraries are using mobile devices -- or could use them in the future. There are tons of consumer and education examples, so now I've sorted examples into 10 categories. This makes it easier for me to continue to build my collection. Here is my 2008 Top 10 Types of Mobile Library Applications, or "uses" of mobile technology.
  1. Reference and Research – anytime, anywhere
  2. Language Translation Services
  3. Disaster Planning/Emergency Preparedness
  4. Assistive Technology
  5. Administrative
  6. Productivity Tools
  7. Outreach/PR
  8. Publishing – mobile blogging and more
  9. Programs
  10. M-Learning

I'll elaborate on each of the above 10 Types in separate posts.

No comments: