Wednesday, February 14, 2007

WEEK 7: Created Unofficial Conference Wiki (#17 Thing)

Moving along... today I got an e-mail announcement reminding me of a November library conference, so I created an "unofficial" conference wiki using available and new information. Remembering that ALA annual conference had a wiki, I also looked at that for topics and ideas.

PBWIKI -- also known as Peanut Butter wiki -- was my free platform, but there were tons of promotions for upgrading to a fancier version. That was a bit distracting at first.

After my PB exercise, I sent a note to the library conference chair to see if there was interest in a conference wiki -- maybe eventually my "unofficial" wiki will become official. It is easy to add items and there is a "sandbox" for experimenting on all PB wikis. How cool.

No comments: